6 Super Ingredients for Your Summer Smoothies
Green tea, tofu, kefir, and other smoothie-recipe additions boost health benefits.
Juice-bar smoothies are a quick, refreshing summer treat, but they can be packed with 500-plus calories. Why not save some cash — and calories — with easy, do-it-yourself recipes for smoothies? These six smoothie recipes from EatingWell are chock-full of anti-aging ingredients that can help you blast belly fat, lower blood pressure, and more.
- Good Green Tea Smoothie: Green tea helps burn belly fat, boost energy, soothe sore joints, and lower your heart disease risk.
- Tofu Tropic Smoothie: Silken tofu lends this smoothie lean protein that makes it extra-satisfying so you feel fuller, longer. That’s a nice bonus when you want to lose weight.
- Pomegranate Berry Smoothie: This smoothie’s dose of pomegranate juice helps soothe sore muscles after your summer workouts. Pomegranate juice also helps lower blood pressure and keep your colon healthy.
- Banana Spice Smoothie: The vanilla kefir in this smoothie recipe is rich in calcium, vitamin K2, and healthy probiotics to help strengthen bones.
- Citrus Berry Smoothie: Made with fresh berries, yogurt, and a handful of other ingredients, this smoothie is packed full of powerful antioxidants that help keep your blood pressure down, prevent Alzheimer’s, and reduce LDL (harmful) cholesterol.
- “Get Your Orange” Flax Smoothie: Rich in omega-3s, flaxseeds can help to lower your blood pressure, ease digestion, and even make your skin glow